Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Prep. Time: 30 in.
- 1 pkg (approx 400 g) wanton wraps, 3.5 x 3.5 inch squares
- 150 g medium or regular ground beef
- 1 small onion, ground
- Yogurt with minced garlic and salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Powdered red pepper, spicy or non-spicy to taste
- Cut the wraps diagonally, ie. two triangles per wrap.
- Take approximately half a teaspoon of filling in the shape of a ball and put in the center of each triangle.
- Have a cup of water nearby, and use your little finger to dampen the sides of each triangle (so the dough will stick) and close them up. manti
- Put all the uncooked manti into the big size Ziploc or in a container with the lid. Keep it in the freezer at least for a day. Then keep it in room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Boil some water with a tablespoon of salt in a large pot.
- Put all the manti in and stir occasionally. Cook for exactly 5 minutes and then drain.
- Put in plates.
- Fry the butter in a small pan with the red pepper.
- First put some garlic yogurt on top of the manti, then add the fried butter.
- Makes 2 servings. You can also try keeping the manti in the freezer for a couple hours before you cook it.
- 2 cups milk
- 750 gr all purpose flour