Cooking Time: 15-20 min
- 1 cup Turkish bulgur, large grain, washed and drained
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, chunk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Saute the onion with the vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the tomato (optional), green pepper, green onion, salt and warm chicken broth.
- When the water stars bubbling, pour in the bulgur add butter and stir.
- Cook on low heat with the lid half covered.
- Stir occasionally until the water evaporates.