well well well...
Honestly, I am thrilled to learn about this kofte...I ate it at several occasions but could not figure out the secret..:) Do not underestimate meatballs, you can turn them into a festive dish. Here;
Cooking Time: Be prepared for at least 45 min. to play with your ground beef...
- 1lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large onion juice (or, finely chopped onion in a food processor)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black paper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large potatoes
- 1lbs tomatoes
- 1/2lbs small peppers
- 1 cup frying oil
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. frying oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Knead ground beef, bread crumbs, onion juice, baking soda, vinegar and black pepper for about 15-20 minutes and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Peel potatoes, wash and slice about 1/2" thick.
- Remove the seeds from peppers.
- Deep fry sliced potatoes, peppers and tomatoes without cooking them fully.
- Roll the meatloaf in the shape of a flattened ovals about 3" long and 1/2" wide.
- Deep fry meatballs without cooking fully.
- Sautee tomato paste with 1tbsp frying oil, add oregano, continue sautéing.
- Add water, boil and turn off the heat.
- Lay deep fried meatballs in a deep oven pan (at least 2" deep), add fried potatoes, peppers and tomatoes in order.
- Spread tomato paste sauce on the top of everything.
- Cook in the oven 375F for about 1/2 hour. Enjoy!