Cooking Time: 35-55 min
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package of Dr Oetker vanilla powder (8 gr) or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of Dr. Oetker baking powder (16 gr) or 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped walnut
- 2-3 kiwis (sliced, like 1/16" thick) or fruit of your choice
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tbsp flour,
- 7 tbsp sugar,
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 package of Dr. Oetker vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cool whip
- Turn oven to 350 F and place your cake pan in the oven,
- In a large bowl mix eggs, sugar and lemon peel,
- Add flour, vanilla, baking powder and continue to mix,
- Add spinach and walnut, beat well, take out your heated cake pan from the oven, coat with cooking spray, pour the batter and sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles,
- Bake at 350° for 20-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine the sugar and flour in a medium saucepan and whisk until incorporated. While constantly whisking, slowly drizzle the milk until smooth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking often, until the pudding begins to thicken and just starts to bubble, about 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and switch to a rubber spatula. Stir constantly, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla until the butter is melted and completely incorporated.
- Continue to beat if the pudding has flour knots.
- Cut the edges of the cake and crumble.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Place kiwis, spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Decorate with the crumbles. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.