Cooking Time: 15-20 min
- 2 cups rice,
- 3 cups boiling water,
- 1 tbsp vermicelli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Saute the vermicelli with vegetable oil while stirring until it gets golden brown.
- Add rice and continue to saute for about 5 more minutes.
- Add boiling water, butter, salt and rice.
- Cover, turn the heat to low and cook until the rice absorbs all water.
- Turn off the heat
- Take the cooking pot away from the heat. Open the lid, place a clean kitchen towel across the top of the pot on the rim and cover. Let the Pilaf stand for about 5 minutes. We call this brewing time. Then serve and enjoy!
* Don't stir Pilaf while it's cooking.
* Don't use a spoon to fluff Pilaf. Use a wooden or regular fork for it.