Almost all “Zeytinyagli”(vegetables cooked in olive oil) recipes are wonderfully refreshing and comforting for any type of meak. Traditionally, we try to cook olive oil dishes ahead of time, and allow the dish to cool and rest in its pan for the flavors to blend well.
The recipe is very easy to make, delicious and healthy. You may serve it as a side dish or lunch, If you add ground beef it could even turn into a zesty main dish!
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 lbs leek (washed well and chopped in 1/3 inch rounds)
- 1 medium carrot (chopped in rounds or half moons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice (washed and drained)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Gently mix all the ingredients in a large pan.
- Cover and cook on low heat until rice is cooked.
- Leek is best when it’s served cold with a little lemon juice on top.