Prep Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup fine bulgur
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1 tbsp Turkish red pepper paste (there are plain, mild and spicy versions; I used plain)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 green onions, white part and some of the green part sliced thin
- 4 cucumbers, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper to taste (omit if using spicy red pepper paste)
- salt to taste
- a pinch of black pepper and a pinch of cumin.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the water over the cracked wheat and cover, let stand about 20 minutes or until wheat is tender and water is absorbed.
- Add all ingredients as follows; tomato and pepper paste, chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, herbs and toss with the mix. Combine with the oil, lemon juice, spices and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.