- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 3 cups lightly toasted pistachio nuts or walnut
- 5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Prep. Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
- At first prepare the syrup. Pour the water and sugar into a pot and boil this mixture over medium heat until it reaches the right syrup consistency. Add lemon juice, turn the heat to low and boil the mixture for about 5-6 minutes more. Then, remove the pot from the stove.
- Sprinkle thinly crushed walnuts or pistachios over them roll the dough from one edge to
- Use a thin rolling pin to roll the dough from one edge to the other side. Then make the ends around the pin closer to each other and remove the pin.
- Place the tied turban pastries into a greased baking tray. Pour the melted butter all over the pastries.
- Place the tray into the oven which is preheated to 375 F. Bake the pastries until they turn into red.
- 1 minute later than removing the pastries from the oven pour cold syrup all over.
- You may serve the dessert 2 hours later.